Child Nutrition Program
October 9 - 13, 2023 is NATIONAL SCHOOL LUNCH WEEK!!!!
Jasper City Schools have the BEST COOKS in Walker County and we appreciate them so much! We also appreciate the PARENTS for your support in letting us nourish your children daily.
Maddox Intermediate student making a choice from the many food options that are available. Grab N Go Salads, Grab N Go Meals, as well as a specially prepared meal is offered at each school.
Jasper City Board of Education approved the recommendation of Superintendent Dr. Ann Jackson to pilot the Community Eligibility Program in the 2023-2024 school year. Special thanks to Mrs. Beckie Martin, CNP Director, and the Jasper City Schools' Child Nutrition Program for their diligent efforts put into this possibility.
Parents, please help us to sustain this program by encouraging all of your students to go through the cafeteria line and get a free school breakfast and lunch each day of the school year!
- SFAs are required to notify applicants and participants.
- The purpose for collecting racial and ethnic data is to determine how effectively School Meal Programs are reaching potentially eligible students.
- Provision of this data is voluntary
- Responses are kept confidential
- Responses have no effect on eligibility
SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS
We understand that some children have special dietary needs and we will do our best to accommodate those needs. For a student with a chronic medical condition such as diabetes, cystic fibrosis, or a non-life threatening food allergy, a diet prescription signed by a licensed physician or physician assistant is required. A student with a disability or life-threatening food allergy must have a diet prescription signed by a licensed physician.
If your child requires a special diet due to a medical condition, please complete the Special Diet Form so that we may better assist you. You should also submit any allergies your child may suffer to the cafeteria manager at your child's school. Please contact Beckie Martin, CNP Director at 205-384-6880 if you have any questions.
Beckie Martin, Director
Child Nutrition Program
P. O. Box 500
Jasper, AL 35502-0500
Jasper City Health Scores
The Jasper City School cafeterias are inspected two times per school year by the Walker County Health Department.
School Year 2022 - 2023 Scores:
Jasper High/Junior High - Fall 2022 - 98 Spring 2023 - 95
Maddox Intermediate - Fall 2022 - 96 Spring 2023 - 96
Memorial Park - Fall 2022 - 97 - Spring 2023 - 96
T.R. Simmons - Fall 2022 - 98 Spring 2023 - 98
- Breakfast & Lunch Menus
- Jasper High/Junior High
- Maddox Intermediate
- Memorial Park Elementary
- T.R. Simmons Elementary
- ABOUT CNP
- DOCUMENT LINKS
- Income Eligibility Guidelines
- Public Release
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to ApplyF\R Application
- Solicitud en español
- Información de la aplicación en versión española
- Parents/Faculty/Students and/or Community: If you would like to be involved in the development and planning of the Jasper City Schools Wellness Policy, please let us know! We could also use your help in periodic updates and reviews of this important area of the Child Nutrition Department. If you would like to give us your input, please contact Beckie Martin, CNP Director, Jasper City Schools at 110 17th St. West, Jasper, AL 35501 or by calling 205-384-6880. You may also email Ms. Martin at email@example.com
- Triennial Assessment